Drinking water is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle, and an aspect that can be easily overlooked! Here are some tips that might help remind you to keep your water always flowing.
- Most people find it easier to drink their daily cup of coffee than to grab that glass of water, so why not give yourself a challenge? Swear that for every cup of coffee, you’ll have two glasses of water first!
- Spruce up your water drinking by adding a squirt of lemon juice, or mix mint leaves into your water. A phenomenal idea is to make ice cubes with little bits of lemon or orange peel! They make for an exquisite addition to your water, adding a delightful flavor and stunning look.
- When eating out, ask for a glass of water with your meal. Your body is always thirstier than you think!
- Buy a large thermos and set daily water-drinking goals for yourself. For example, drink half by noon; drink the remainder by 2pm. You can even mark goals on the side of your thermos with a piece of masking tape.
- If you’re a visual person, start keeping track of how many glasses you drink per day on a chart or cue card. Rewarding yourself with check-marks is a great way to stay on track and see improvement over a few weeks.
Make drinking water easy, convenient and accessible. Have a water bottle on your desk or in your area at all times, never further away than arms reach.